Home > What We Do > Seniors Programme
In addition, brigade-level competitions, leadership development courses and community service projects such as BB Share-a-Gift and BB CARES offer opportunities for exposure and skills development. Mentoring also plays a big role in the Seniors Programme. With Intentional Mentoring, Boys are closely mentored by dedicated Officers who take time to develop Boys' character more closely.
Our Boys also represent the Brigade in national-level events such as the National Day Parade.
hear from a bb parent and boy!
|"I was a relatively quiet and timid Boy in Secondary One. Four years in BB have past and I have grown so much after going through numerous training camps, competitions and organising various Values-in-Action activities. This is why today, I am more bold, confident, and decisive in making decisions."|
- Chua Yi Dao, 5th Singapore Company, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School
|"I will never forget the camps we have gone through in BB, such as the leadership development camps and the sergeant camp. I recalled the sweat, effort and teamwork we put in to complete expeditions and tasks. I learnt important values and qualities of a leader through leading a team through an expedition."|
- Daniel Cheng, 91st Singapore Company, Regent Secondary School
"Daniel became a more confident person after joining BB as his CCA. I am very happy to see him looking forward to attend every training session as he had a very supportive and approachable environment in BB. I would like to thank the BB for giving Daniel the love, care and guidance that makes him a proud son I have today."
- Mr and Mrs Cheng Hock Choon, parents of Daniel Cheng
The Founder's Award is the highest and most prestigious award in the Seniors Programme. As part of the criteria for this award, Secondary 3 & 4 Boys who are aiming for this award are to participate in approved Brigade-level activities or perform duties in the Brigade.
Recipients of the Founder’s Award must have satisfied the following requirements:
- Attained the proficiency badges as stipulated by the Seniors Programme Committee.
- Attended at least 75 parades in the three years prior to application.
- Demonstrated outstanding conduct and character.
- Be recommended by the Company Captain, with the support and endorsement of the sponsoring bodies.
- Completed involvement in a Brigade-level event that the Seniors Programme Committee approved for the purpose of the Founder’s Award application.
- Be found suitable to be awarded the Founder’s Badge through the assessment structure decided by the Brigade Executive.